1. Catalysis and New Catalytic Reactions
2. Molecular Sieves Synthesis
3. Methanol & Derivatives Conversion Technologies
4. Syngas Conversion
5. Hydrocarbon Conversion Research
6. Multiphase Catalytic Process Development and Scale-up
7. Engineering R&D
1. Highest Science and Technology Awards of Liaoning Province (2019)
2. AIChE Professional Achievement Award for Innovations in Green Process Engineering (2018)
3. Science & Technology for Development Award by the Chinese Academy of Sciences for Coal-based Ethanol Research Team (2018)
4. National Innovation Competition Awards (2017)
5. Chinese Catalytic Achievement Award (2017)
6. The First Class of the National Scientific and Technological Progress Award on “Development and Application of Large Scale Coal-to-Oil and Coal-to-Olefin Technologies” (2017)
7. The Science and Technology Innovation Award of Ho Leung Ho Lee Foundation (2015)
8. The First Class of the National Technological Invention Awards for “the Methanol to Olefins (DMTO) Technology” (2014)
9. Zhou Guang Zhao Foundation Award on Applied Science (2014)
10. The Top Prize of the Science and Technology Progress Award by Chinese Petroleum and Chemical Industry Federation (CPCIF) for "the Coal-to-olefin project in Shenhua Baotou" (2013)
11. Outstanding Science and Technology Research Achievement Prize of the Chinese Academy of Sciences (2011)
12. The Top Prize of the Technology Invention Award by Chinese Petroleum and Chemical Industry Federation (CPCIF) for " the Methanol to Olefins (DMTO) technology" (2011)
13. The 13th WIPO-SIPO Gold Medal award for Outstanding Chinese Patents for "Method of Producing Light Olefin from Methanol or/and Dimethylether（ZL200710064232.3）" (2011)
14. The Top Ten News on Science and Technology Progress in China for "the commercialization of the DMTO Technology” (2010)
15. The First Prize of the Science and Technology Progress Award by Liaoning Province Government for “DMTO Process Technology” (2008)
16. The Top Prize of the Scientific and Technological Progress Award by The Chinese Academy of Science for “Synthesis of Light Olefins from Syngas via Dimethylether --- a New Technique Process” (1996)
1) Recognizing the Important Role of Surface Barriers in MOR Zeolite Catalyzed DME Carbonylation Reaction. Kaipeng Cao, Dong Fan, Mingbin Gao, Benhan Fan, Nan Chen, Linying Wang, Peng Tian*, Zhongmin Liu*, ACS Catalysis, 12:1-7, 2022.
2) Directed transforming of coke to active intermediates in methanol-to-olefins catalyst to boost light olefins selectivity. Jibin Zhou, Mingbin Gao, Jinling Zhang, Wenjuan Liu, Tao Zhang, Hua Li, Zhaochao Xu, Mao Ye, Zhongmin Liu, Nature Communications, 12(1): 17, 2021.
3) The first carbon-carbon bond formation mechanism in methanol-to-hydrocarbons process over chabazite zeolite. TantanSun,WeiChen, ShutaoXu, AnminZheng*, XinqiangWu, ShuZeng, NanWang, XiangjuMeng, YingxuWei*, ZhongminLiu*. Chem, 7:1–14, 2021.
4) Molecular Routes of Dynamic Autocatalysis for Methanol-to-Hydrocarbons Reaction. Shanfan Lin, Yuchun Zhi, Wei Chen, Huan Li, Wenna Zhang, Caiyi Lou, Xinqiang Wu, Shu Zeng, Shutao Xu, Jianping Xiao*, Anmin Zheng*, Yingxu Wei*, Zhongmin Liu*, Journal of the American Chemical Society, 143 (31):12038-12052, 2021.
5) Aromatization mechanism of coupling reaction of light alkanes with CO over acidic zeolites: Cyclopentenones as key intermediates. Changcheng Wei, Jinzhe Li, Kuo Yang, Qijun Yu, Shu Zeng, Zhongmin Liu*, Chem Catalysis, 1:1273-1290, 2021.