1) Asymmetric catalysis, special interest in the development of novel chiral ligands for catalytic propargylic transformation.
2) New catalytic synthetic methodology and technology and their application in the rapid synthesis of diverse functional molecules.
1. Fu-Lin Zhu, Ya-Hui Wang, De-Yang Zhang, Jie Xu, and Xiang-Ping Hu*, “Enantioselective Synthesis of Highly Functionalized Dihydrofurans through Copper-Catalyzed Asymmetric Formal [3+2] Cycloaddition of β-Ketoesters with Propargylic Esters”, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 53, 10223-10227 (2014).
2. Fu-Lin Zhu, Yuan Zou, De-Yang Zhang, Ya-Hui Wang, Xin-Hu Hu, Song Chen, Jie Xu*, and Xiang-Ping Hu*, “Enantioselective Copper-Catalyzed Decarboxylative Propargylic Alkylation of Propargyl b-Ketoesters with a Chiral Ketimine P,N,N-Ligand”, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 53, 1410-1414 (2014).
3. Hongchao Guo*, Honglei Liu, Fu-Lin Zhu, Risong Na, Hui Jiang, Yang Wu, Lei Zhang, Zhen Li, Hao Yu, Bo Wang, Yumei Xiao, Xiang-Ping Hu*, and Min Wang, “Enantioselective Copper-Catalyzed [3+3] Cycloaddition of Azomethine Ylides with Azomethine Imines”, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 52, 12641-12645 (2013).
4. Cheng Zhang, Xin-Hu Hu, Ya-hui Wang, Zhuo Zheng, Jie Xu, and Xiang-Ping Hu*, “Highly Diastereo- and Enantioselective Cu-Catalyzed [3+] Cycloaddition of Propargyl Esters with Cyclic Enamines toward Chiral Bicyclo[n.3.1.] Frameworks”, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 134, 9585-9588 (2012).
5. Dao-Yong Wang, Xiang-Ping Hu*, Jia-Di Huang, Jun Deng, Sai-Bo Yu, Zheng-Chao Duan, Xue-Feng Xu and Zhuo Zheng*, “Highly Enantioselective Synthesis of a-Hydroxy Phosphonic Acid Derivatives by Rh-Catalyzed Asymmetric Hydrogenation with Phosphine-Phosphoramidite Ligands”, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 46, 7810-7813 (2007).