Prof. Qin’s group is a highly interdisciplinary team involving the researchers from chemistry, biology, medicine and engineering fields. The group uses both microengineering and nanotechnology to develop in vitro patho-physiologically relevant microsystem capable of investigating cancer biology, brain microenviroment, intelligent biomaterials and regenerative medicine. The goal of our research is to establish the biomimetic microphysiological system to gain insights into the design of new diagnostic schemes and therapeutic strategies. The current research areas: microfluidic organs-on-chips, organoids, stem cells, biomaterials engineering, disease modeling and point of testing.
· Outstanding Tutor Award of Dalian Insititute of Chemistry Physics, CAS, 2020
· Excellent research，100 Women of Chemistry of Royal Society of Chemistry，2018
· Liaoning Technological Invention Prize, First Class,2016
· National Science and Technology Progress Prize, Second Class,2010
· Dalian Technological Invention Prize, First Class,2010
1. Yaqiong Guo, Ronghua Luo, Yaqing Wang, Pengwei Deng, Tianzhang Song, Min Zhang, Peng Wang, Xu Zhang, Kangli Cui, Tingting Tao, Zhongyu Li, Wenwen Chen, Yongtang Zheng and Jianhua Qin*, SARS-CoV-2 induced intestinal responses with a biomimetic human gut-on-chip, Science Bulletin 66 (2021) 783-793.
2. Min Zhang, Peng Wang, Ronghua Luo, Yaqing Wang, Zhongyu Li, Yaqiong Guo, Yulin Yao, Minghua Li, Tingting Tao, Wenwen Chen, Jianbao Han, Haitao Liu, Kangli Cui, Xu zhang, Yongtang Zheng and Jianhua Qin*, Biomimetic Human Disease Model of SARS-CoV-2 Induced Lung Injury and Immune Responses on Organ Chip System, Advanced Science. 2020, DOI: 10.1002/advs.202002928
3. Haitao Liu, Yaqing Wang, Hui Wang, Mengqian Zhao, Tingting Tao, Xu Zhang, and Jianhua Qin*, A Droplet Microfluidic System to Fabricate Hybrid Capsules Enabling Stem Cell Organoid Engineering, Advanced Science. 2020, 1903739. DOI: 10.1002/advs.201903739
4. Peng Wang, Ronghua Luo, Min Zhang, Yaqing Wang, Tianzhang Song, Tingting Tao, Zhongyu Li, Lin Jin, Hongyi Zheng, Wenwen Chen, Mengqian Zhao, Yongtang Zheng, Jianhua Qin*, A cross-talk between epithelium and endothelium mediates human alveolar–capillary injury during SARS-CoV-2 infection, Cell Death and Disease. 2020, DOI: 10.1038/s41419-020-03252-9
5. Fangchao Yin, Xu Zhang, Li Wang, Yaqing Wang, Yujuan Zhu, Zhongyu Li, Tingting Tao, Wenwen Chen, Hao Yu and Jianhua Qin*, HiPSC-derived multi-organoids on chip system for safety assessment of antidepressant drug, Lab Chip. 2020, DOI: 10.1039/D0LC00921K
6. Yaqing Wang, Haitao Liu, Min Zhang, Hui Wang, Wenwen Chen and Jianhua Qin*, One-step synthesis of composite hydogel capsule to support liver organoids generation from hiPSCs, Biomaterials Science. 2020, DOI: 10.1039/D0BM01085E
7. Haitao Liu, Yaqing Wang, Kangli Cui, Yaqiong Guo, Xu Zhang and Jianhua Qin*, Advances in Hydrogels in Organoids and Organs‐on‐a‐Chip, Advanced Materials, 2019: 1902042.
8. Tingting Tao, Yaqing Wang, Wenwen Chen, Zhongyu Li, Wentao Su, Pengwei Deng and Jianhua Qin*, Engineering human islet organoids from iPSCs using an organ-on-chip platform. Lab Chip, 2019, 19, 948-958
9. Hai-Tao Liu, Hui Wang, Wen-Bo Wei, Hui Liu, Lei Jiang, and Jian-Hua Qin*, A Microfluidic Strategy for Controllable Generation of Water-in-Water Droplets as Biocompatible Microcarriers. Small, 2018, 14, 1801095
10. Yaqing Wang,Hui Wang,Pengwei Deng,Wenwen Chen,Yaqiong Guo,Tingting Tao and Jianhua Qin*, In situ differentiation and generation of functional liver organoids from human iPSCs in a 3D perfusable chip system. Lab Chip, 2018,18(23):3606-3616
11. Yaqing Wang,Li Wang,Yaqiong Guo,Yujuan Zhu and Jianhua Qin*, Engineering stem cell-derived 3D brain organoids in a perfusable organ-on-a-chip system. RSC Advances, 2018, 8(3), 1677-1685
12. Yujuan Zhu, Li Wang, Hao Yu, Fangchao Yin, Yaqing Wang, Haitao Liu, Lei Jiang and Jianhua Qin*, In situ generation of human brain organoids on a micropillar array. Lab on a Chip, 2017, 17, 2941-2950.
13. Cong Xu, Li Wang, Yue Yu, Fangchao Yin, Xiaoqing Zhang, Lei Jiang, Jianhua Qin*, Bioinspired onion epithelium-like structure promotes the maturation of cardiomyocytes derived from human pluripotent stem cells. Biomaterials Science, 2017, 5, 1810-1819.
14. Yue Yu, Wenbo Wei, Yaqing Wang, Cong Xu, YaqiongGuo, Jianhua Qin*, Simple Spinning of Heterogeneous Hollow Microfibers on Chip.ADVANCED MATERIALS28,6649-6655,2016.
15. Xu Zhang, ZhaoxuMeng, Jingyun Ma, Yang Shi, Hui Xu, Simon Lykkemark, Jianhua Qin*, Flexible fabrication of shape-controlled collagen building blocks for self-assembly of 3D microtissues. Small11,30,3666-3675,2015.
16. Yue Yu, Hui Wen, JinYun Ma, Lykkemark S, Hui Xu, Jianhua Qin*, Flexible Fabrication of Biomimetic Bamboo-like Hybrid Microfibers. Advanced Materials 26,16, 2494-2499, 2014. (Cover image)
17. MengYing Zhou, HuiPeng Ma, HongLing Lin, Jianhua Qin*, Induction of epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition in proximal tubular epithelial cells on microfluidic devices, Biomaterials 35,1390-1401, 2014.
18. JinYun Ma, Yu Sanna Hui, Min Zhang, Yue Yu, Weijia Wen, Jianhua Qin*, Facile Synthesis of Biomimetic Honeycomb Material with Biological Functionality. Small 9,4, 497-503,2013.(Cover image)